Registration is open for UW-Whitewater’s summer workshops for heritage language and emergent bilingual teachers!
All workshops are virtual (synchronous) and interactive. Participants receive CEUs. It is also possible to get 1-3 graduate credits, depending on the workshop (extra fee applies).
We hope you will join us 🙂
Summer 2022 Workshops:
– Critical Approaches to Heritage Language Education: Centering Identities, Race, and Power
(w/ J. Eik Diggs & Jenna Cushing-Leubner) *not language specific* (40 hours)
– Afro-Centric Spanish Heritage Language Education (w/ J. Eik Diggs) (20 hours)
– Language Ideologies in Spanish Heritage Language Classrooms (w/ Nancy Domínguez-Fret & Megan Marshall) (6 hours)
– Creating Thematic Units En Comunidad (w/ Jen López & Michaela McCaughey) (8 hours)
– Bilingual/Biliteracy Teaching Methods (w/ Nancy Domínguez-Fret & Dr. Vicky Xiong-Lor) (45 hours)
Dates/times & registration for all workshops: https://www.uww.edu/ce/heritagelanguageeducation
Questions? Email Dr. Jenna Cushing-Leubner (firstname.lastname@example.org)